Because it is an outreach of St. George’s Episcopal Church (the “Church”), the Kindergarten has a policy that gives all Church Members (Voting and Non-Voting) priority during the admission process and gives parents who are Voting Church Members a tuition discount for the Three, Four, and Five Year Old Programs.
A person becomes a Non-Voting Church member by one of the following means:
- by being baptized at the Church (and not subsequently transferring membership to another church); or
- by formally transferring membership from another church of any Christian denomination; or
- by registering baptism information with the Church office. (This is done when a person’s previous church will not transfer membership outside of its own denomination, or if an official church membership cannot be located. This often happens with Catholic churches and some other denominations).
A person becomes a Voting Church Member by one of the following means:
- by being “confirmed” or “received” at the Church; or
- by formally transferring membership from another Episcopal church having been previously “confirmed” or “received” into the Episcopal church.
Please note that the Church uses different terminology to describe categories of membership, but we have used “Non- Voting Church Member” and “Voting Church Member” to assist with wider understanding by those who are not so familiar with Church terms. If you are still uncertain of your membership status after reading this, please contact the Parish Secretary, Rebecca Teel, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-385-2150 (ext. 213).